The world is very old, and human beings are very young. Significant events in our personal lives are measured in years or less; our lifetimes in decades; our family genealogies in centuries; and all of recorded history in millennia.
But we have been preceded by an awesome vista of time, extending for prodigious periods into the past, about which we know little – both because there are no written records and because we have real difficulty in grasping the immensity of the intervals involved.
If you receive this, share TEN random facts about yourself, then pass it on to your 15 favorite followers (✿◠‿◠)
1) I have been skydiving a few times, zip lining, para-sailing, and am a bit of an adrenaline junky. My next goal is bungee jumping or hang gliding!
2) I can name almost every country on the map (i love history and culture and maps)
3) I loooove authentic Mexican food
4) I think the Moon landing was one of the most amazing achievements of humankind
5) I’ve found a 4 leaf clover
6) I’m an introvert, but once I feel comfortable I’m pretty awesome.
7) I’m always down to try something new and exciting
8) I’ve been lost in the Sierra Nevada mountains by myself for a day, and used the sun and cardinal directions to orient myself and hike to safety
9) I used to play the violin, clarinet, saxophone, and
recently taught myself the guitar. I love to play flamenco :)
10) I am fascinated by the interconnectedness of issues and concepts in the world and strive to learn as much as I can to see the big picture. For example, following a tee shirt back to the store, to the factory, to the laborers lives, to the cotton fields, to the farmers, to the water, fertilizer, time used. Life is extremely complex and I love learning, and think more people should think big picture.
Something I realised, after having to help many international tourists count out their change, is that American coins don’t actually have the number value on them??? Like no wonder all these poor tourists are so confused
it just fucking says one “dime”
what the fuck is a dime
how much is it worth
whose idea was this
oh my god i never even realized that what the hell we all just sort of know what they’re worth through some sixth sense bullshit